Bonds most plastic (polystyrene, acrylic, ABS, PVC) bathroom and shower enclosures to waterproof drywall, gypsum board, wood, sanded Barker-Tile and sanded ceramic tile.
- Instant grab: Reduces need for bracing and nailing
- No etching or burn-through, guaranteed: No risk of damaging tub surround unit
- No venting or flashing required: Easy to use, less mess and faster installation
- High grab: Minimizes slippage of tub surround panels
- 10 minutes repositioning time: Allows for correction of misaligned material
- Water-based: Low odor and easy soap and water clean-up for uncured adhesive
Step by step
Walls must be dry and clean. Remove all paint, wallpaper, or any loose materials. Unpainted waterproof drywall is the best backing for tub and shower units. Existing ceramic tile or Barker board should be lightly sanded.
Do not apply the adhesive where the panel will not be in contact with the wall. One-piece units must be glued to the wall in one continuous installation. Apply adhesive in a continuous square "S" pattern, 20 cm apart.
Place a bead of adhesive 5 cm from the edge of the panel. When installing on Barker-Tile or ceramic tile, interrupt adhesive bead around the edge frequently to create breathing channels for the inner S-pattern.
Press the tub panel firmly to the wall within 5 min of applying adhesive. Pull panel away for 3-5 min to allow adhesive to vent. Replace panel and press firmly over entire area. Support edges with masking tape for at 24 hr.