Loctite's water-resistant multi-use superglues for convenient and reliable bonds in seconds.
How to repair a porcelain figurine?
When valued antiques and sentimental ornaments break or come apart, it does not have to be the end of their lifespan. Loctite Super Glue Liquid can be trusted to put them cleanly and securely back together again in no time. Loctite Super Glue Liquid is ideal on materials such as ceramic and pottery because it is specially formulated to deliver lightening fast and high strength bonds. Once set, the bonds then dry transparent in just a few moments to form long lasting and invisible bonds.
Follow our step by step application guide:
1. Ensure that the two parts of the figurine are close fitting, clean from dirt or grease and completely dry.
2. Carefully squeeze a small and even amount of glue onto one of the edges of the surfaces to be rejoined, then press both parts together again immediately and hold.
3. Do not move the parts until set. Don't worry if there is some excess glue seeping out the side at this point, it can be easily removed once dry (see point 5).
4. Allow at least one hour before touching or moving. For best results leave it overnight.
5. Once dry, if there is any excess residue, you can gently scrape off with a sharp knife, wipe with a tissue dipped in Loctite Glue Remover or alternatively with nail varnish remover containing acetone.
6. Replace the cap immediately and store the glue upright in a cool dry place.