Loctite's water-resistant multi-use superglues for convenient and reliable bonds in seconds.
How to repair an umbrella handle?
Repair everyday items with Loctite’s high performance Super Glue Liquid. Loctite Super Glue Liquid also comes in a handy small size that is easy to slip into your handbag and be carried around with you wherever you go. Loctite Super Glue Liquid has been specially formulated to deal with quick emergency repairs. Delivering fast strength and precision, the liquid then dries transparent to form an invisible and reliable bond. Once dry, the high strength formula ensures a long lasting durability that can withstand continuous use and exposure to the elements, perfect for fixing items like that loose or broken umbrella handle.
Follow our step by step application guide:
- Ensure that the two parts to be joined are clean and completely dry.
- Carefully squeeze the superglue around the threads at the base of the umbrella stick.
- Immediately push the handle back onto the stick and hold firmly in place.
- Do not move the parts until set. Don't worry if there is some excess glue seeping out at this point, it can be easily removed once dry (see point 6).
- For best results allow at least one hour before using.
- Once dry, if there is any excess residue, you can gently scrape it off with a knife or wipe with a tissue dipped in Loctite Glue Remover or nail varnish remover containing acetone.
- Replace the cap immediately and store the superglue upright in a cool dry place.