How to fix a knife handle?
Remain calm in a cutlery crisis. Loctite Super Glue Gel Control is the only tool you will need to quickly repair and restore a broken knife handle, saving you money and time on seeking out replacements for that beloved cutlery set. Loctite's Super Glue Gel Control is a non-drip gel that dries transparent to form tough and invisible bonds. It is specially formulated to give long lasting durability, while the bottle's easy grip squeeze bottle and longer nozzle ensures that even those hard to reach areas and precise applications are straightforward.
Follow our step by step application guide:
- Ensure that both of parts of the knife are close fitting, clean and completely dry.
- Carefully squeeze a small amount of glue inside the base of the knife, then firmly screw in or push both parts of the knife back together immediately and hold.
- Do not move the parts until set. Don't worry if there is some excess glue at this point, it can be easily removed once dry (see point 5).
- Allow at least one hour before using the knife again. For best results leave it overnight.
- Once dry, if there is any excess glue residue, gently scrape off with a sharp knife or wipe with a tissue that has been dipped in Loctite Glue Remover, or alternatively with nail varnish remover containing acetone.
- Replace the cap immediately and store the glue upright in a cool dry place.